Thursday, July 9, 2009

Welcome! A little about me and my services

Who am I?
My name is Melissa Wheeler and I'm a freelance public relations consultant. Prior to working independently, I was the Senior Communications Manager and Media Relations Manager for the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD). SCAD is among the elite in national and international recognition, rankings and career placement.

Before joining the team at SCAD, I worked for Atomic Public Relations. Atomic is listed among the top 50 public relations agencies in the United States by PR Week. I've also worked at Connect Public Relations,
a leading high-tech PR firm who was named to the Inc. 5000 list of “The Fastest Growing Private Companies in America” in 2008.

View my resume here. Also view my writing samples and article placement.

How can I help?
Public Relations is one way to raise a business' profile without draining the bank account on advertising. Below are my services.

  • Media Relations - Arranging and managing media tours, writing and editing press releases or other promotional material, building relationships with relevant editors and reporters, interview training, interview management
  • Copy Writing and Editing - Writing press releases, blogs, articles or other promotional material

How do we start?
Please contact me by email to discuss projects or any other questions. My address is mswheels[at]gmail[dot]com.

No comments:

Post a Comment